Friday 3 April 2009

Divine Mischief

You woke me up from the long dark sleep
Gave my life, those vibrant colours to keep
You gave a vast sky for my wings to spread
Took a pearl from deep my mind's lake bed.

On the branches of dreams you saw unaware,
Without your permission, I built a nest there.
When the river of your life flows drop by drop
Where does it fill other than my ocean of hope?

Other than the soft breeze that take my sigh
Or other than my heart that you keep on deny,
Other than the small flower inside my trance
Where else you can find your own fragrance?

When the nightingale sings a melancholy tone
When lack of mercy turns a sugar-candy to stone
When the lake gets tired of singing a berceuse
By there in search of you, I anchor my cruise.

I cannot think of detaching from your heart
Even if any other heaven try to tear me apart;
There lies my paradise, even if I end up whole
When I melt down into the depths of your soul.

1 comment:

  1. kadappadu: poem of O.N.V. Kurup sung by Prof. V. Madhusoodanan Nair in the film "Daivathinte Vikruthikal"

    ReplyDelete