Tuesday 7 April 2009

Bloodstained Footprints

I had gone to sell my tears and nightmares
At the gates of the minaret in her palace
She came running with money in her purse
She thought I was that bald bangle-seller.

Life was just like dew on a rose bud for her
For me it was a burning grain of desert sand.
Stars for her were flowers to decorate love
For me they were the tears of dark clouds.

The final scene of the romantic play is over
The stage is empty, audience has gone home
The foolish actor who had forgotten to sing-
Is searching for his flute buried in the earth.

Swimming in the ocean of tears, drowning
Dear lover has disappeared in far darkness
In this lonely graveyard of wasteful dreams
I stay amidst the fire to keep myself warm.

1 comment:

  1. kadappadu: Kanneerum Swapnangalum (Manaswini), Anuraga Nadakathin (Ninamaninja Kalpaadukal) - P. Bhaskaran

    ReplyDelete